Students of SAM work closely with their teacher to meet their personal goals. Student goals might include:
- Developing solid technique for physical well being
- Developing tools for greater expression
- Exploring a range of contemporary genres
- Developing a set for gigs
- Pursuing classical training or exams through the Royal Conservatory of Music
- Understanding music theory including harmonic, melodic and rhythmic structures
- Song writing and composition
Lessons will be tailored to exploit each student’s strengths, to overcome their challenges, and to advance at their individual pace.
At SAM we believe that music is best explored within a supportive and enthusiastic community. Private lesson students have opportunities to connect with their peers through performance, workshops and masterclasses. Private lesson students are also encouraged to participate in group classes and group ensembles.
We encourage students to develop their musical range by exploring a variety of instruments and/or styles. Our skilled instructors will help you discover and develop your passion.
Registration + Prices
Registration for private music lessons takes place in consultation with a Squamish Academy of Music administrator. This ensures that all students are matched with the best teacher, instrument, and schedule to fit their individual needs. Contact us to request a call or email from an administrator.
- Click Prices_2023-2024 to download prices for private lessons, September – June, 2023-2024
- Click SAM Teaching Schedule_2023-2024 to download SAM’s teaching schedule for September – June, 2023-2024, or view our monthly calendar.
SAM aims to provide clear and consistent communication with clients. Please take a moment to review our policies regarding payment, cancellation, and procedures.